Welcome to The Cool Girls



Sunday, October 16, 2011

To Emot or Not to Emot(icon)

Dear Cool Girls,
I was recently chastised for not using emoticons in a comment I made on a forum.  Can you help me understand how and why emoticons are used?
Looking forward to the lesson,
Dullard

Dear Dullard,
Please do not worry, dear.  I personally feel emoticons are WAY, WAY overused on the internet.  (Did you know Al Gore invented the internet?  Ward filled me in.)  I find it best to limit their use to express pure joy.  J Otherwise, you might be misunderstood as a real sarcastic smartass.
The following information might be helpful.
Hope this helps, and Chin UP!!
June "SquarePeg" Cleaver

4 comments:

  1. BTW...Goliath was the sole vote that pink shirts for men was fashion suicide. PLus, I am still WAITING for the fashion guide for men over 3050 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Ward, you are in trouble....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use emoticons. Then again I am a real sarcastic smartass.

    Brian Coffman

    ReplyDelete